Back to original format
Thomas Teng-Yan Loke
Agile Development Evangelist, Thorough Business Analysis, Profitable Business Development
60-second Video Profile: http://youtu.be/UHvsqY0fnVk
LinkedIn Profile: http://www.linkedin.com/in/lokety
Employment Eligibility: New Zealand Permanent Residency, Malaysian Citizen
Availability: 1 month's notice
- 9 years of project management and 12 years of business analysis in the online, telecommunications, healthcare and higher education sectors delivering IT projects worth up to US$850,000
- Acted as Scrum Master and team lead to deliver the American healthcare standard of securely exchanging medical documents serving millions of patients annually between healthcare organizations
- Rolled out web services connected from 10+ content providers serving 9 million mobile customers per month
- Managed the sales & implementation of the company's products covering 4 countries in South East Asia
- Able to create, execute and manage business plans within a team of professionals
- Able to perform market analysis and devise action plans to achieve measured goals
- Able to maintain practical and professional customer relationships at all levels of expertise, authority and culture
- Able to produce pre-sales technical proposals, user requirements specifications, system architecture design, project plans, conceptual design specifications, data flow diagrams, data dictionaries, user manuals, test logs, use case diagrams, and user acceptance forms
- Able perform business analysis with clients and develop technology solutions with project team
- Able to work with project team using Agile Scrum method as Scrum Master
- Able to develop pattern recognition algorithms for computer automation
- Able to analyse and troubleshoot hardware and software problems within cost and time boundaries
- Able to perform the entire development lifecycle of electronic circuits for control and automation
April 2014 to present
Intermediate Team Lead, Orion Health, New Zealand
- Designed and implemented the FHIR (Fast Healthcare Interoperability Resources) DSTU-2 Patient (1.0 Final) and Procedure resource APIs with a tactical team of three developers, a tester and a business analyst to enable third-party developers and systems vendors consume the Orion Health Platform medical procedure objects and their patient demographics captured within. This has opened up the extensibility options and revenue models leveraged from this medical data mine.
- Automated the configuration and deployment of the high-availability proxy server and baseline server security hardening on the Orion flagship solutions that are delivered on the various system environments hosted on Amazon Web Services, reducing deployment time from 4+ person-weeks to 16 person-hours.
- Coached development team of three developers, a tester, a business analyst and a technical writer to implement the Integrating the Healthcare Enterprise Technical Framework IT Infrastructure Profiles XDS (Cross-Enterprise Document Sharing) and XUA (Cross-Enterprise User Assertion) for US healthcare enterprises, making Orion Health among the first to enable federated, secure and accountable sharing of patient health records, thus improving healthcare outcomes and operational savings over traditional methods.
- Managed development team of four experts to develop and support (third level) NwHIN web services and OSGI application for inter-health enterprise and US Social Security Administration patient document sharing. Network exchanges millions of documents annually resulting in increased healthcare turnaround and additional revenue from sharing.
September 2010 to October 2013 (3 years 1 month)
Account Manager, Innovez One Sdn Bhd, Malaysia
- Product sales & customer relationship management targeting the higher education industry including universities and colleges in South East Asia region
- Business development over clients in Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam
- Account management for Scientia Enterprise Resource Scheduling and Timetabling and Talisma Constituent Relationship Management solutions from the United Kingdom and India
- Project management delivering RM2 million revenue, covering technologies in resource management & scheduling, mobile interaction, campus and constituent relationship management systems
April 2009 to September 2010 (1 year 6 months)
IT Specialist, International Business Machines Sdn Bhd, Malaysia
- Managed project development lifecycle up to production rollout of the USSD gateway platform for enterprise customers. Project timeline was 6 months with a RM2.5M budget, and involved delivery teams from messaging gateway, enterprise data warehouse, mediation and billing systems � a total of 12 people.
- Managed production implementation and service levels of a WebSphere enterprise service bus platform called DataPower supporting cross-platform web services.
- Performed business analyst role to gather user requirements, review vendor contracts, and perform follow-ups with implementation team to plan the development and delivery of a USSD gateway platform for enterprise customers.
- Managed two rounds of project development lifecycles for major change requests on existing SMS content delivery platform from business requirements capturing to implementation rollout.
June 2006 to March 2009 (2 years 10 months)
Senior Software Engineer, Maxis Communications Berhad, Malaysia
- Managed project planning and management of deliverables for two mobile data applications over an accumulated period of 18 months, including a SMS content subscriptions application and a data charging gateway.
- Managed technical implementation and rollout of various SMS-based applications including subscription news, structured surveys and time-based contests.
- Performed system integration and migration from implementation to production stage of mobile content (WAP push/pull, MMS, video, audio, games) delivery system.
- Analyzed user requirements, implementation methods, test cases, and defect management of mobile content delivery system.
- Performed system integration and migration from implementation to production stage of value added service SMS content (e-commerce, news, voting, infotainment) brokering system.
- Analyzed system requirements on enterprise relational database management systems for resource and license consolidation purposes.
- Managed implementation and operations of mobile applications charging gateway.
- Performed application and data migration of a multi-tier application server to scale performance and capacity over redundant hardware infrastructure, resulting in triple increase of throughput to 60 transactions per second.
- Assisted in capacity control and planning of inter-application transactions using SOAP over http within data center network.
February 2005 to May 2006 (1 year 4 months)
Senior Software Engineer, IRIS Corporation Berhad, Malaysia
- Developed biometric applications using biometric software development kits from NEC, Sagem and BioLink and biometric scanners from Dermalog, CrossMatch and Sagem.
- Developed software tools to program embedded operating systems on electronic smart chips, such as JCOP and MTCOS on Philips SmartMX, Atmel and ST Microelectronics.
- Designed and developed software/hardware systems for electronic passport and ID card applications.
- Provided onsite pre-sales technical and system architecture support and consultancy for electronic passport and smart card applications in several countries.
- Prepared government tender proposals, including system architecture design, solution component design and specifications, project planning for smart card and electronic passport systems, immigration and border control systems, vehicle registration systems, bank card systems, prepaid card systems for countries in Asia Pacific, Middle East, Greater Asia, and Africa.
May 2000 to January 2005 (4 years 9 months)
Senior Analyst, novaHEALTH Pte Ltd, novaSPRINT System Pte Ltd, Singapore
- Developed health workflow management system for health organizations in Singapore.
- Developed project and accounts management system for an events programming statutory board in Singapore.
- Developed customer relationship management on-line system for a legal body in Singapore.
- Developed web site content management system for a government sector.
- Developed business-to-business sea vessel services web site for complete on-line workflow conversion from traditional methods.
- Developed retail furniture shopping web site.
Software Engineer, About Solutions, Singapore
- Developed furniture product website with online product catalogue management.
January 1999 to January 2000 (1 year)
Software Engineer, Bumble Bee Laboratories Pte Ltd, Singapore
- Developed distributed on-line sales data mining system across customer's point-of-sales branches in Singapore.
- Developed financial data capturing, storage and visualization system using Microsoft Access.
- Developed data cryptographic analysis and implementation tools using Microsoft Visual Basic and C++.
- Developed generic web-based resource booking system for an academic institution's staff and students.
- Deployed rapidly-customizable in-house inventory and accounting system for small to medium sized enterprises.
- Designed and planned development of on-line community service, similar to Friendfinder.com.
- Produced and deployed real-time and wireless liquid particle counter and multiplexer for a data storage manufacturer using spectrophotography.
- Produced and deployed therapeutic floatation tank system for distribution worldwide.
November 1995 to December 1995 (2 months)
Systems Engineer Assistant, Parkway Properties Ltd., Singapore
- Deployed electronic document system office-wide.
February 1997 to December 1998
Degree in Bachelor of Science, Computer Science; Curtin University of Technology, Western Australia
June 1993 to July 1996
Diploma in Electronics and Computer Engineering; Ngee Ann Polytechnic, Singapore
January 1989 to November 1992
GCE 'O' Levels, Ang Mo Kio Secondary School, Singapore
|Description||Years of Experience||Competency Level|
|Languages / Platforms|
|Microsoft Visual Basic .NET||2||Intermediate|
|Microsoft ASP .NET||1||Intermediate|
|Microsoft Visual Basic||4||Intermediate|
|Microsoft Visual C++||1||Beginner|
|IBM WebSphere Message Broker||1||Beginner|
|Mac OS X||4||Intermediate|
Professional Qualifications and Memberships
- ICAgile Certified Professional in Agile Team Facilitation ICP-ATF June 2016
- Scrum Alliance Certified ScrumMaster
- 6 Sigma Blue Belt certification
- Stephen Covey's 7 Habits of Highly Effective People program
View Brainbench Transcript of Certifications Achieved: http://www.brainbench.com/transcript.jsp?pid=3636963
Standard IQ test score: 131
- Able to travel moderately (once per quarter)
|Language||Speaking Level||Writing Level||Reading Level|
|Bahasa Malaysia / Malay||Basic||Basic||Basic|
Interests and Hobbies
- Information technology
- On-line gaming
- Digital photography
- Life form welfare and environment conservation
Technical Product Director
Amadeus Tribe, Integration Line of Business
Innovez One Pte Ltd
Kenneth James De Zilva
IBM Malaysia Sdn Bhd
Raymond Lim Soon Hing
Maxis Communications Bhd
Block 1A Plaza Sentral
Jalan Stesen Sentral
50470 Kuala Lumpur
Back to original format